Friday 8 March 2013

Parallax Digital Art



I recently visited my friend Daniel Schofield's blog and came across this fantastic video, which I feel is very relevant to my parallax studies. The artwork here at times creates a genuine three dimensional illusion, sometimes fooling the viewer into thinking they are seeing a real physical environment. The detail of the paintings is awe inspiring, and the parallax effect applied here really contributes that extra dimension.

The examples in this video have further informed and inspired my parallax study, as a way of transforming my concept art into more of an environment, to communicate the idea on another level. You really feel you can start to see around corners, into areas you would miss with a flat matte painting, and can begin to feel the work as a virtual environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment