Sunday 18 May 2014

Inspiration.

I stumbled across a motivational video documenting the journey of a visual artist:



There seems to be a lot of videos like this around the internet, and they're very helpful and uplifting for aspiring artists like myself. The key message is that despite a common misconception, anyone can develop into a great artist with time and effort. Art isn't exclusive to those who are ultra talented, and at some point every professional artist has experienced self doubt and struggle.

The 'Level Up!' community on facebook is also a great place for motivational posts. Lots of artists post side-by-side images of there work from a few years ago next to a recent piece showcasing their development. The key thing I can take from this, is that if I am willing to put in the effort, I should undoubtedly develop as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment